Friday, October 24, 2008

Morning Stroll


My friend Karen from Reno will like this one ...

I got a late start this morning. Thanks Jerry in WA. LOL

It was absolutely the perfect morning for a stroll in the park. 55* no wind beautiful sunrise, clear skies, just perfect. Park was full for a weekday. Must be getting ready for the weekend??

The dog folks have been being really good at this park. I have not crossed 1 pile of poop on the sidewalk or close to sidewalk. I have not seen or smelled any poop at any of the picnic tables I have rested at, since I have been going to this park.

When I finished I still had plenty of spunk left.

I was sitting on a bench next to the ball fields 4650 steps, 2.9 miles dadburn I may as well make it 3 LOL. So I get up walk back to the last bench, and then back. LOL not quite enough, so I do it again, big smiley face shacking head... 3.007 miles Hahahahha ...


Another for my friend Karen in Reno..





A Simple Hug

There's something in a simple hug
That always warms the heart;
It welcomes us back home
And makes it easier to part.

A hug's a way to share the joy
And sad times we go through,
Or just a way for friends to say
They like you 'cause you're you.

Hugs are meant for anyone
For whom we really care,
From your gran to your neighbor,
Or a cuddly teddy bear.

A hug is an amazing thing
It's just the perfect way
To show the love we're feeling
But can't find the words to say.

It's funny how a little hug
Makes everyone feel good;
In every place and language,
It's always understood.

And hugs don't need new equipment,
Special batteries or parts
Just open up your arms
And open up your hearts.



I'll finish up with a few pictures and a thought here in a bit, after a breakfast and some coffee.

No comments: