Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Yesterday's Fit

Well all in all things went well!! The material is extremely hard, so very hard to be comfortable.


Then a couple fittings later... Heat it, bend it, cut some off, grind a little here, grind a little there, and poof it felt pretty good. I was trampsing around quite well.


So in a week or so we will have a fitting with the real material. I may walk out of there with a new upper socket. I didn't like the valve that was in that one I will see if I can get the kind I have on this socket. Also we will move the valve down and to the left a tad.

Subie sent me a picture of the patch that she will put on the stiff part of the socket. Probably centered a 1/3 of the way from the bottom.



I am sure she will make it look good...

All in all it was good and I am ready for the new one.

2 comments:

Chessie (Chesshirecat) said...

Yahooo! Looks great Pappy...and the patch will match your flag shirt very well...do you still have that? You were so handsome in it...I had such a good time with you.

Pappy said...

Yes I do!! Save it for big days so It doesn't get washed too often. But Yes is the answer. I call it the Declaration shirt because it has the Preamble and flag on one side and the declaration and signatures or the other.

One of my favorite shirts too! Thanks...